Dysons pure cool series are modernized air purifiers with and high performance air purifiers. In this review we will be looking at the Dyson Pure Cool TPO2.
Although the TPO2 is quite old, it still maintains its position as one of the choicest purifier in the market as at now. Let’s get into the review.
Dyson Pure Cool TP02
The Dyson Pure Cool TPO2 is seen as the top air purifies manufactured by the Dyson company. It showed an excellent rating when test was carried out on it. Reduced PM2.5 to about 0.2, while the AQI was reduced to 0, this was carried out in an hour. The TPO2 can be easily carried out using the auto mode, the Dyso link app and the remote control provided. Although this machine is not cheap it is highly regarded considering its usability, quality and good performance.
- It has the third highest airflow in all the Dyson air purifiers with a rate of 410 liters/sec
- Considering its age, it still has good value
- It had very good rating in the performance test, reduced PM2.5 to 0.2 and the AQI to 0.
- has a basic digital display when compared to the Dyson TPO4
- Quite tall with about 40″
- Dimensions: 7.7″ x 40″
- Max Airflow: 411 liters / second
- Oscillation: 180°
- Filter: HEPA
Dyson Pure Cool TP02 Design
The Dyson Pure Cool TPO2 has a tall slender design and quite a large open amplifier positioned at the top of its unit. The fans do not have blades rather it receives air through the bottom of its unit, then moves through the filter and comes out from the amplifier placed at the top.
The Dyson amplifier is one unique feature of the Dyson Pure Cool together with the Dyson air purifiers and the Dyson fans. This is the part that rotates and from here is the purified air expelled.
This design without blades creates a beautiful and sleek design with a modern look.
It is quite easy to clean the amplifier. A cloth can easily be used or maybe a dusting brush which is attached to a vacuum cleaner.
There are two ways the Dyson Pure Cool TPO2 can be controlled and these are through:
- Dyson Link App
- Remote Control
#1 Remote Control
There is no visual display provided for the remote control, so one needs to pay attention at the purifier or watch the display screen on the purifier.
As you move through the display option or the settings the screen will display and adjust properly.
The remote can be used to control or adjust the settings of the Pure Cool TPO2.
To adjust the settings or control the purifier, the remote is used.
One major drawback of the TPO2 is how basic the display is. It is just a simple digital display and one can’t get enough information from this display when compare to other models of air purifiers made by Dyson (TP04, DPO4, HP04).
#2 Dyson Link App
In addition to the remote control, you can also control the air purifier using the Dyson Link App.
The air purifier can also be controlled using a Dyson Link App. This app takes just 5 minutes to be activated and is very easy to use. This app will help you set up a daily/ weekly schedule for purification and also carry out other necessary adjustments and also monitor the performance.
Below is the list of the control and adjustment that can be done using the Dyson Link app:
- Can be used to Control the features and settings of the TP02
- Monitor quality of the air inside or outside your home
- Develop and properly manage a schedule
- Voice control (using Alexa or other platforms)
- Get purifier update
Just one large circular HEPA filter is used by the Pure Cool TPO2 and this covers everywhere as well as the unit’s base.
The HEPA filters are used to remove about 99.97% of the particles in the air and is well designed to pick a particle as tiny as about 0.3 microns.
How it works
The Dyson TP02 carries out function like all purifiers
- The foul air moves from the base into the TP02
- The air then passes right through the HEPA filter
- The particles are trapped as they move over HEPA filter
- The purified air is then passed through amplifier at the top as it is been expelled by the Dyson TP02
This is basically a very simple design which has been adopted by air purifiers over time.
Size & Dimensions
The Dyson Pure Cool TP02 has a very slim and tall purifier. This design makes it very easy to be kept at the corner of your room.
The TP02 is:
- 40″ tall
- 7.7″ wide
Accessories & Parts
The Dyson TPO2 has a few important accessories that improve the functionality of the machine, they include:
- Dyson Pure Cool TP02 air purifier
- Remote control
- Power cord
- HEPA filter
Dyson Pure Cool Features
In the market, you will always find the air purifiers. They all have very good quality and can do very great jobs as regards air purification. The added features are what makes the Dyson stand out.
You can control the Dyson Pure Cool TP02 by just using the Dyson Link App. The app has lots of features such as:
- The ease at which a schedule for purification can be set
- the modes and settings can be fully controlled
- lifespan of the filter can be monitored
- Ease of how the quality of air both outside and inside can be monitored.
There are different operating modes one can choose from in the Dyson TPO2. Most home easily choose the auto mode.
While on auto mode, the Dyson Pure Cool has a mechanism that dictates the quality of the air and then works on the speed of the fan by either increasing or decreasing it to help keep the quality of air in the room high.
If you prefer to take manual control you can go with that also. This is done simply adjusting the speed of the fan using manual means.
Lastly, night mode can be used also, this turns the sleep timer on.
This is effective as there is no need to be concerned about turning off the purifier while preparing to go out in the morning. You can just set the timer as long as it needs to be operated and go to bed.
Real Time Sensors
Last in this list is the real time sensor that checks the quality of the air.
The TPO2 also uses built-in sensors to check the quality of the air. This sends back a feed to tell how dirty or clean the air is.
Also, the Dyson Pure Cool makes use this data to have an active auto mode. When the air is very dirty, the auto mode then increases the speed of the fan to suck in more air and when it is neat the reverse is the case.
Air Purification Performance
The Dyson Pure Cool TP02 performed very well. It was able to handle the tests on air purity without any issues, and improved the quality of air in a short time.
The full test of the air purifier was carried out basically by comparing the baseline number and the results obtained after the purifier was allowed to operate in a room for about one hour.
The results of this test was done by basically comparing the results obtained with the general air quality index and the PM (2.5 and 10)
What is PM?
PM is an abbreviation for “Particulate Matter” and the measurement is divided into two groups, PM2.5 and the PM10
- PM 10 = particulate matter which is 10 micrometers and quite smaller
- PM 2.5 = particulate matter which is 2.5 micrometers and quite smaller
These tests are carried out in a testing lab with the ambience like what will be found in a typical home. In this lab you’ll find a dog, a baby and other seasonal allergens that come and go.
How do we test?
The test starts with measuring the baseline using a Temtop LKC-1000S+ professional air quality detector.
Once this baseline air quality is documented, the purifier is then running on a closed room and then the change in the quality of the air is documented right after one hour.
In just an hour the Dyson TP02 already improved PM2.5 from 2.8 to 0.2, this is 92.8% of improvement. In addition, the PM10 was decreased from 4.1 to 0.2, which shows an improvement of about 95.1%.
The particles in the air was reduced by about 89% and air quality got to level 0.
The TPO2 after being tested showed the best performance that has been recorded till date.
Setup & Usability
It is quite easy to set up the Dyson air purifier.
- remove everything from the box and the takeout the packaging
- the filter can be installed by fixing the slides into the base
- Plug it in
- Turn on
- Quite easy. After setting up, you then choose a mood to operate on.
- The purifiers will need maintenance and most of the cost incurred will be while replacing the filters.
- The way the purifier is been used will determine how often the filters will be changed.
- Dyson does not provide a hard recommendation on how often they suggest changing the filter. Although an annual replacement has been recommended by manufacturers of high-end HEPA air purifier
- The only other necessary maintenance task you’ll need to watch out on is basically wiping down the amplifier and air in-take periodically. You should use just microfiber or a dusting cloth to take out any dirt or dust built up either inside or outside.
- That’s all.
Does the Dyson Pure Cool TP02, have value?
The Dyson Pure Cool TPO2 fitted perfectly to all of my needs:
- It displayed wonderful performance, reducing PM2.5 and PM10 to 0.2
- Can be controlled using the app, the remote or going auto mode.
- Quite fantastic and doesn’t require a lot of space
The Dyson is an amazing purifier and comes at a good price despite its usability, performance and quality.
Wondering if to buy the Dyson Pure Cool TP02?
If you are not really sure whether the Dyson fits your need, blow you’ll find a summary of the necessary factors to consider:
You should buy Dyson Pure Cool TPO2 if:
- You want great performance – The TPO2 really showed a great result in the cleaning test carried out, it reduced PM2.5 and PM10 to about 0.2. the amount of particle in about a cubic liter was reduced to just 29 and AQI got to level 0. It can be seen as one of the best air purifiers out there.
- You want an easy to use purifier This machine also has an auto mode and comes with a functional link which makes the scheduling possible as well as a remote control that keeps everything easy and fun.
- You want a quality product –In case you need a good purifier or vacuums or high driers, Dyson provides you with quality stuff. They produce good quality machines. Though costly, it brings in very high quality.
Questions or comments?
Feel free to drop a note on the comment. We are glad to answer your questions.